1. Litti Chokha – This is a dish which is prepared from wheat flour dough that is stuffed with a mixture of roasted gram flour, spices and lemon juice. And is served with chokha- which is baked and pulped vegetables mixed with spices and onion.
2. Thekua/Khajuria- Thekua or Khajuria is a snack made from wheat flour; jaggery or sugar mixed together, molded and deep fried in ghee.This is particularly popular during “Chatt” Puja.
3. Malpua- If you are a sweet lover then you must have Malpua- Its batter is made by mixing flour, milk, sugar and mashed bananas and is deep fried in such a way that the edges go all crispy while the center is all soft.
4. Dal Puri- Normally all Indians love Puri, so if you are in Jharkhand you must try Puri with Dal.
5. Parwal ki Mithai- Parwai is a vegetable and this is made with stuffed with sweets to make it yummier.
6. Pedakiya/Gujiya- the pedakiya is made by stuffing flour stuffed with suji (semolina), khoya or grated coconut and is made on almost every occasion.This is the most famous fried sweet in Jharkhand.
7. . Chana Ghugni- Chana Ghungni is popular as snacks in Jharkhand. While a lot of Bengal gram is used as stuffing, this particular dish is the Sunday breakfast special.
8. Khaja- This wafer sweet snack is made from flour and sugar, is deep fried and then dipped in hot sugar syrup.
9. Dal Pitha- This is a version of momos or dumplings. This delicacy, made out of rice flour, is stuffed with spiced Bengal gram paste and then steamed.It's healthy to eat and yummlicious in taste.An addition pickle or chutni, makes Dal Pitha irestible.
10. Kheer Makhana- If you are not aware of “ makhana”, it is also known as fox nut. This different version of kheer is made in a similar way like the normal kheer but is not as sweet because of the slightly salty taste of the fox nuts.
So if you are in Dhanbad or in Jharkhand, and particularly if you are a food lover, do not miss on trying the 10 most popular dishes of Jharkhand.